ZBlog

The blog of zvisoft.com

Nothing extraordinary. zvisoft.com blog. News of this site in html format. Also you can get the same stuff in rdf, rss2 or atom.



Home > Zknives Blog
Google

Tough day. First I've released 3.50 which had rather large set of new features, specifically, alloy listings based on standard, makers, countries and technologies. Earlier, only quick Standard switching was supported. Plus, added rte me button, may be that'll make it easier for ppl to rate the app. And in 1 hour after release I found a crash, which happened only on older android versions. Took another 2 hours to fix, test, package and publish 3.51... I guess serves me well for not testing on the old device before releasing the app.

Sunday, July 1, 2012 22:47:54

Rather quick successor, but there was no other way around it, database schema has been changed and I had to update the app so that it could keep up with the central database. Improved aliases in the app as well, plus speed and memory optimization.

Monday, March 12, 2012 18:17:18

Next version of the android steel chart app is on the market, or google play, or whatever it is. Added to other android markets as well. Hilights include improved support for hi res devices like HTC rezound and Galaxy Nexus, fixed aliases support and so on. And we now have ~4200 alloy names with ~890 compositions.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 17:55:43

Good news and bad news. Good news is that Apple approved the application, it was in the appstore very briefly before I took it down. Unfortunately, even though application submission for asks who's the publisher, the name on itunes is still my apple id. In short, apple refuses to distribute the application under zviSoft name. I do not want to distribute using my apple Id either. So, until zvisoft becomes legal entity it's not gonna be published. I guesstimate 2 months or so to get zzvisoft documents from government and then Apple approval, again! Separate approval just to let zvisoft publish free apps... Very frustrating. Compared to Android this is soooo complicated.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 16:56:30

Finally, after few months of development and testing and debugging, it's over :) Well, over for now. Submitted the app to Apple for approval. Much more complicated process compared to Android... Hopefully approval will not be an issue, but still it'll take two weeks or more...

Sunday, January 29, 2012 23:00:09

Android knife steel chart 3.1 went online today. Minor bug fixes, and added swipe(fling) support for the graph view. Switches current graph view mode between 3 available ones, mass%, molar% and atomic count.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 00:11:56

HTC specific fix, workaround for database installer failure on some HTC phones, including inspire. If database installation still fails, database recovery from the menu is now available. Special thanks goes to Ken, for helping out with debuggin the issue.

Friday, October 28, 2011 19:50:48

After much deliberation and contemplation, pools and such, I've finally made myself to get started on iphone version of the knife steel chart. I do more then enough of iphone programming at work, and frankly, Android programming is much more fun, but alas, there's a lot of knife nuts with iphones(sadly)... ~30% of the smartphone users in knife world are on iphone, 60% on android, so I figured, what the hell... Updates as I progress. The thing is, this all coincided with web knife steel chart 4.0 development, which requires database schema change, so I have to work simultaneously on web version, android steel chart 3.0 and now iphone as well. Tablet versions will follow next year I guess.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 20:44:10

Fixed navigation problem, preventing correct handling of the links in the alloy notes section. Market glitched just when I was updating the apk, the new version got picked up, but for some reason the date stays old, from 2.21. You may have to download the updated version manually.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 16:33:06

Fixed couple minor bugs, inactive records were displayed in the suggestions search, and changed reporting method on un-deletable database error.

Friday, October 7, 2011 22:25:52